Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Photo A Day #5 -- Late Afternoon Sun on Snow -- 5 January 2016

Day 5 ...

I've been wanting to capture the snow in my yard in sunlight and today was a glorious day for that. So during lunch, I took 5m and stepped outside with the Panasonic GM1 and the Samyang 7.5mm 180 degree (corner to corner) fisheye.

The first thing I noticed was the presence of small animal tracks near the steps down to the patio.



Not too many barbecues in the near future ...



The table I built a few years ago shows off its structure ... I am very impressed by the quality of the blue in the sky. Gorgeous.
The animal tracks are set off against the low winter sun ...
Love the flare from the ultra wide lens ...
And finally a view of my front yard in the beautiful sunlight ... the first shot is white balanced for the sunlit snow as were the shots at the back of the house, and the second is white balanced against the blue snow in shadows. I'm sure that everyone knows this, but just in case -- the deep blue of the snow in shadow is caused by the fact that it is lit only by the blue open sky and not direct sunlight ...